Marketing Director, European Markets
Place of work: Lille (North of France) – Eurasanté Biocluster site
GENFIT is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering and developing drug candidates and diagnostic solutions targeting liver diseases, in particular those of metabolic origin, and hepatobiliary diseases, where there is still considerable unmet need.
The Marketing Director for European Markets will provide the leadership and functional expertise to ensure best-in class launch of Elafibranor in European markets. In this unique position, the Marketing Director for European Markets will work closely with the VP of Global Marketing on the global brand plan and will ensure the appropriate localization in key European markets, building of commercialization structures as well as development and execution of local tactical plans.
This position reports to the Executive VP, Marketing & Commercial Development.
Essential job responsibilities
- To voice/provide European input to global marketing plan and assist the VP of Global Marketing on development of launch plan and launch excellence process
- To localize global plan and key assets in the EU5 markets, develop tactical plans for each targeted country
- To propose commercial model in major geographies and build chosen models in partnership with BD and senior management
- To partner with the medical and market access teams in the development and execution of key access and scientific communication programs in Europe
- To ensure close collaboration with key markets in Europe – including co-creation on key initiatives and best practice sharing
- To represent Europe on the Global Marketing team platform and ensure effective communication with country stakeholders
- To develop key external relationships with European opinion leaders, vendors, agencies and business partners.
- To effectively lead (timeline, cost) the execution in all tactical activities including market research, product promotion and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 7 years of marketing or related experience (including sales, market access, market research, etc.) within the Pharmaceutical Industry
- At least 3 years of operational marketing experience in a local affiliate
- Successful track record developing pre-commercialization launch plans or participation to a major product launch
- Deep understanding of at least one major European market dynamics and its stakeholders
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to effectively engage various stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a fast-pace, international environment and to deal with ambiguity
- Autonomy, flexibility and adaptability to work in a biotech company
- Fluent in English
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (40% to 50%)
- MBA degree, advanced degree or continued education in business
- Experience in diabetes, metabolic diseases or hepatology
- Experience in several major European markets
- Experience of global launches
- Good command of French or any European languages is a plus
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to Aude Jacheet at: email@example.com.