- The portfolio includes 423 patent applications or patents granted in 50 countries
- More than 340 granted patents (341 to date)
- 14 patent families relating to elafibranor representing 329 patents and patent applications
- 4 patent families relating to dosing/diagnostic tools, including biomarkers
- 14 patent families relating to new molecules and their uses (other than elafibranor) or on new therapeutic indications
GENFIT is fully dedicated to maintaining and protecting its scientific leadership, through an aggressive and rigorous intellectual property strategy, considered as an essential cornerstone.
- A total of more than 50 scientific contents published in the last 5 years, including publications in #1 reference journals worldwide (Gastroenterology, Hepatology…)
- In more than 30 different major scientific journals
- More than 40 authors working in GENFIT
- A large variety in publications : original research, synthesis articles, posters, abstracts…
GENFIT ensures the recognition of its peers through extensive efforts in study results publication: research, pre-clinical, and clinical.
- Active presence at dozens of major scientific and medical congresses worldwide
- An increasing number of participations to NASH-dedicated or biomarker-related symposiums/sessions (AASLD 2015, EASL 2016, etc.)
- Undisputable leadership in nuclear receptors, via the omnipresence of Professor Bart Staels, GENFIT co-Founder, as key reference speaker in this area
GENFIT regularly increases its presence and its visibility in the medical and scientific ecosystem, to shed a valuable light on its most significant scientific discoveries.
Interactions with Key Opinion Leaders
- More than 250 sites involved in RESOLVE-IT Phase 3 clinical trial
- A large geographic coverage, with 25 countries engaged on this trial
- More than 300 investigators to drive the different clinical trials in NASH
- A strong engagement with most renowned KOLs worldwide in hepatology, endocrinology, etc.
- A privileged relationship with regulatory agencies thanks to the fast-track designation, as well as expedited programs Subpart H (FDA) and conditional approval (EMA)
- An active presence within the Liver Forum, world reference for the fight against NASH, with Sophie Mégnien, CMO de GENFIT, member of the Steering Committee and co-chair of a workgroup
At all times GENFIT reinforces its networks with key opinion leaders in science, related to fundamental scientific research, medical science, and regulatory sciences.